Province of Trapani – Sicily – Italy
- By plane: from “Falcone and Borsellino” Palermo's Punta Raisi, via autostrada A29 (direction TP), exit “Castellammare”; or from “Vincenzo Florio” Trapani, via autostrada A29 (dirby highway A29
- In bus: PALERMO by Russo leaving from Marina Square.
- In treno: Line FF.SS Palermo-Trapani stopping at the station of Castellammare.
- In automobile: A29 motorway from Palermo Palermo-Mazara del Vallo output “Castellammare”.
- From Trapani motorway A29 Palermo-Mazara del Vallo output“Castellammare”.
- Municipality 0924 592111
- Traffic police 0924 31221
- Tourist Office 0924 30217
- Tourist Information Centre 0924 31320
- Police 0924 35911
- Police 0924 31010
- Firefighters 0924 21222
- Forest 0924 31244
- Port authorities 0924 31261
- Buses “RUSSIAN” 0924 31364
- Buses “TARANTULA” 0924 31020, 32598
- Doctor 0924 33222, 0924 35000
- Tennis club 0924 30941
The castle trapezoidal, underwent several renovations during the Norman and Swabian dominations until it was completely destroyed; was then rebuilt during the rule of the Aragonese, in the fourteenth century.
Built in the sixteenth century, several times remodeled, assumed its present appearance between the years 1726-1736 with the facade of Joseph Mariani.
The interior, preceded by a vestibule with organ, has three naves and once decorated with frescoes of Giuseppe Tresca (1768).
It is dedicated to Our Lady of Help, patron saint of Castellammare, whose statue majolica 1599 you can admire the chapel to the left of the main altar. Both in the church to the sacristy are preserved frescoes by Domenico La Bruna (1738), from the castle church in Inici. Worthy of note are the Crucifixion ( 1650) by Orazio Ferraro.
“Our Patron Principalissima”:In honor of the patroness Maria SS. of Relief, from 19 to the 21 Augustplace of solemn celebrations including the charming sea procession of the statue and a spectacular historical pageant in the harbor lit, the miracle performed by Madonna in 1718,with the commissioning of five ships on the run chasing a British cargo ship, the Spanish.
Castellammare is now a popular seaside resort, favored by the proximity of beaches famous for their beauty – come Scopello and San Vito Lo Capo – and offers its visitors numerous natural and cultural itineraries.
Ability to make beautiful excursions by boat to San Vito and the Gypsy.
Motor ship “Penelope”
Reservations and information:
Cell. 339 8494082 – fax: 0924 531249
Motor ship “Leonardo da Vinci”
Info: Doctors Via Phone. 0924 34222
- 22 May>>Feast of S. Rita: procession, fair and festival of ricotta.
- June>>Castellammare Summer: music, theater cinema art & tradition.
- July>>Castellammare Summer: music, theater cinema art & tradition.
- August>>Castellammare Summer: music, theater cinema art & tradition.
- 19-20-21 August: celebrations in honor of Mary of Help, Typical annual church festival procession to the sea and the beautiful statue of Mary laying sea 10.000 Floating candles; follow each other in the village shows, Games at Sea, fireworks and a small county fair.
- September>>in the first week of the festival takes place Scopello.
> THE PORT OF CASTELLAMMARE
> MAP OF CASTELLAMMARE